Saturday, January 24, 2009

Bright lights


I'll be gone for the next week. The husband and I are headed to Las Vegas for our annual trip. I'll be back soon with pictures and a full report of what we did and how much fun we had.

Thanks to everyone for the recommendations on what reading materials to take. Here is what I've decided on: Southern Living Feb '09, Lucky Feb '09, Real Simple Feb '09, US Weekly and People (couldn't resist)--I really wanted to get Pride and Prejudice. I've been wanting to read it for a long time and since Camille recommended it I put it on my list. Can you believe that they don't have a copy at the Hoover Library?! I was shocked. Anyway I did get two Marian Keyes novels (thanks ASC!), Lucy Sullivan is Getting Married and Angels. I am really excited to read these. She seems a lot like this other author that I love...Sophie Kinsella/Madeleine Wickham...she writes the Shopaholic books and various other wonderful novels. Does anyone read her? So I also got The Tennis Party while I was at the library. I think it's the only novel of hers that I haven't read yet.

Thanks again for all of the wonderful recommendations. One of my "resolutions" is to read more and not watch so much t.v. (yeah right) so all of these suggestions will come in handy. Have a great week!!!

2 comments:

  1. Have a blast! Take lots of pictures! keep up with the fun things that happen to you! I want to hear/read all about them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time at Disney for adults! Such a fun place.

    ReplyDelete