Monday, February 16, 2009

Homemade Valentine's Day

The past few years we have always made reservations at a fancy restaurant in Birmingham with all the hundreds of other couples for Valentine's Day. However, in the interest of saving some money this year-and because I had to work all weekend-Husband decided to make me dinner and just have a night in. (See previous post for his gift.)

So I arrived home from work to find these. Please ignore the mismatched placemats and table runner.
He had cleaned the house and cooked veal parmisean and made ceasar salad. He also baked a cake! A caramel cake! I was shocked! And I mean he made this cake from scratch--not a box of cake mix in site--he even made the caramel sauce.
It was all ridiculously delicious (especially the cake) and just made my day. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and a happy Vday!

No comments:

Post a Comment