Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Getting Old



Husband and I discovered something last night/early this morning. We are getting old. We just can't stay up late like we used to. Remember when you were in college and you could go to class (or not go as some of us did not) all day, take a quick nap in the afternoon or early evening and then stay up until 3 or 4 am??? How did we do that?! These days if I'm working the morning shift (with my job I either work 8am-4pm or 2pm-10pm) I get home at about 4:45pm, start thinking about dinner, make dinner, eat dinner, watch a bit of tv and by 9pm I'm ready for lights out. I lay in bed and I'm asleep by 10pm. Sad, isn't it?

What has prompted this blog post is our outing last night. I am a BIG Dave Matthews Band fan. I have been since high school. So when I found out DMB would be making a stop in Birmingham for their Spring tour I jumped at the chance to get tickets. I took off work yesterday so I wouldn't be completely exhausted for the concert. Husband still had to work until 6pm so I met him out at the store and we drove to the amphitheater. The concert started at 7pm and ended around 11pm. We didn't make it back home until about 12:30am due to a traffic jam in the parking lot and having to stop for food because we were starving. We both had to get up around 7:30 this morning to get to the store around 8:30. Let me tell you....this was no easy fete. We are both tired and grumpy--to say the least.

The only consolation is that the concert was FABULOUS! I have seen DMB live 3 times now and can say with certainty that it is the best live show I've ever seen--and I've seen to my fair share of concerts.


1 comment:

  1. oh man. we went to a music venue a few weeks ago and i called it quits before the main act even made it on the stage! then again, i am pregnant and it was really smoky (and no bar food!). daniel had to borrow a friend's car to come home at 2am!

    ReplyDelete