Monday, May 4, 2009

Addict

I'm the type of person that finds something she likes and completely immerses herself in it. I do this with television shows, books, places, etc. Case in point--my Harry Potter obsession.

I have tried to stay away from it. I have tried to convince myself that I wouldn't like it even though countless people have told me otherwise. This weekend I gave in.

Husband was out on a man-date watching Wolverine at the movie theater and I was home alone with the puppies with nothing too interesting to watch on t.v. I walked out to the family room, opened the bookcase and there it was...the book I bought over three months ago and decided not to read. I went back in to the bedroom, snuggled under a blanket, and cracked the cover.

I. Am. Completely. Hooked.

I started reading around 9:30 p.m. and I finally put it down around 5 a.m.!!! Ridiculous...but I loved it. I talked Husband in to taking me to the library tonight (my car is at the shop for service so we're down to one car for the next 24 hours) so I could get the next book. I'm off to begin New Moon now. Thank goodness I'm off work tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I just started reading it last week too...I am definitely hooked! I tried so hard to fight the obsession...oh well.

    ReplyDelete